Pumpkin Spice Snack Mix
This delicious sweet-and-spicy snack mix is perfect for the mid-autumn munchies! Make plenty to put out in fun bowls at your Halloween parties—this will disappear fast.
If you like your toffee popcorn on the gooey side, bake for 30 minutes. If you want it to be a bit drier, bake for an additional 10 minutes. It will harden as it cools.
Yield: About 3 quarts
4 cups Rice Chex
4 cups popped popcorn
1 cup pretzel balls or broken pretzel pieces
½ cup pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds)
For the caramel:
¾ cup packed light brown sugar
3 ounces butter
3 tablespoons light corn syrup
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1. In large bowl, combine cereal, popcorn, pretzels, and pepitas.
2. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Grease a half sheet pan.
3. In small saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, and salt over medium heat. Bring to boil; let boil 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, baking soda (will foam), and pumpkin pie spice.
4. Gradually pour caramel over cereal mixture, folding gently with spatula to combine. Pour out in a single layer on prepared pan. Bake at 250F for 30 minutes, stirring once midway through.
5. Let cool completely, break up, store in air-tight container at room temperature.