'Tis the Season for Snowy Lemon Meltaways
Snowy Lemon Meltaways
Yield: 3 to 4 dozen
6 ounces butter, room temp
- 3/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Confectioner's sugar for dusting
1. In the bowl of a food processor, combine butter and 3/4 cup confectioner's sugar; process until combined. Add lemon juice and zest and vanilla and process again until combined.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, and salt and whisk together. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture in food processor and pulse just until the dough comes together.
3. Carefully remove dough from bowl of food processor and divide into 3 logs, about 11/4 inches in diameter. Roll logs in waxed paper or parchment and twist ends to seal. Refrigerate or freeze until firm, about an hour.
4. To bake: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Slice logs into rounds about 1/3 inch thick; place on parchment-lined baking sheet at least an inch apart. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, until just golden.
5. Remove cookies to wire racks and let cool for a few minutes to firm up. Place 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar in a resealable plastic bag. Toss still-warm cookies, 3 or 4 at a time, in the sugar, adding more sugar as necessary. Remove cookies to rack to cool completely. Place cooled cookies in an air-tight container and store at room temperature for up to 2 weeks. Freeze for longer storage.
Don't forget to stop by and visit the other blogs celebrating cookie season...you're in for some serious oven love!
- Diana Cannone To Di for Bakery
- Dianne Simmons Dianne’s Dishes
- Judy Chiappini No Fear Entertaining
- Mandee Racer Pogue The Kitchen Wife
- Marye Audet-White Restless Chipotle
- Renee Joslyn Flamingo Musings
- Sherri Jo The Adventures of Kitchen Girl Jo
Oh man! I love a good pucker and these sounds sooooo good! I am sure I will be making soon! Sharing on my FB page and pinning!ReplyDelete
oh my gosh! These sound a bit like those lemon girl scout cookies that I love and can only get once a year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are a goddess!ReplyDelete
These sound perfect - light and sweet/tart - like me! :-D Absolutely going on my list for this season!ReplyDelete
P.S. - Pinned and shared on G+ and Twitter!ReplyDelete
I love lemon and I love shortbread. These look amazing! =)ReplyDelete