Sesame Rice Crackers
These delicate, crispy crackers are perfect for serving alongside cocktails. For a pretty contrast, use a mixture of black and white sesame seeds.
Sesame Rice CrackersYou can use all white rice flour or all brown rice flour for these gluten-free crackers, but be sure to avoid using sweet rice flour, which is starchier and will create a sticky dough that is hard to work with.
Yield: about 3 dozen crackers
- 3/4 cup white rice flour
- ¾ cup brown rice flour
- 2 tsp baking powder (use gluten free)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
Oven: 350 degrees F
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt into mixing bowl. Add sesame seeds and stir to combine.
- Add boiling water, oil, and sesame oil, and stir to form a stiff dough. Let the dough cool down enough to handle, about 5 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 2 parts and roll each as thinly as possible, between sheets of parchment. Transfer dough (on parchment sheet) to baking sheet. Score using a paring knife or pastry wheel.
- Bake the sheets in preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 5 minutes, then increase the heat to 425 degrees F and bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove crackers from the oven, let cool, break apart, and store at room temperature in a tightly sealed container.