Chocolate Peanut Butter Pots de Creme ~ Dairy-Free
Need a super-fast, decadent, impressive-but-so-easy-you'll-lie-about-the-recipe dessert for a special dinner tonight? Look no further. This whips up in mere minutes and sets to semi-firm in about an hour and a half. It uses coconut milk instead of heavy cream, but trust me, you'll have a hard time convincing anyone who isn't avoiding dairy that they're being deprived of anything once they taste this. Enjoy!
• 6 ounces good-quality dark chocolate (dairy-free), chopped
• ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
• Pinch of salt
• Pinch of cinnamon
• 1 (13.5-ounce) can full-fat coconut milk
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• ¼ cup smooth peanut butter
1. Combine chocolate, vanilla extract, salt, and cinnamon in the bowl of food processor, but do not process.
2. Shake the can of coconut milk well. Empty it into a small saucepan and add the sugar. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from stove and pour over the chocolate mixture in the food processor. Secure the lid on the processor, let stand a minute or two, and process until smooth. Add peanut butter and process again.
3. Pour chocolate mixture into serving dishes. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator until set, about 2-3 hours, depending on the dimensions of the dish. Garnish as desired and serve.