Sacha Inchi Seeds
Haven't heard of them? I hadn't either before the fine folks at SaviSeed were kind enough to send me some samples. Considering how much time I spend prowling around the crunchy-granola-global-whole-foods-bulk-bin store, I'm surprised I haven't seen these before. But now that my eyes have been opened to the munch-liciousness, I'm going to pick them up on a regular basis. If your store doesn't yet carry these, ask. Yes, they're worth being "that guy" and making a special request. Why I think SaviSeeds are that good:
- They have 13 times more Omega-3 than wild salmon (7000 mg per 1 oz serving) and contain complete plant-based protein (8 grams per ounce).
- They are certified organic, fairly traded, and sustainably produced.
- A one-ounce serving contains 5 grams of fiber and has about 160 calories.
- They contain vitamin E and tryptophan.
- They're also nut- and gluten-free (which, I have a hunch, some of you might find very appealing).
|Photo from SaviSeed.com|
They come in three flavors, Cocoa Kissed (enrobed in 70% cocoa), Karmalized (coated in raw sugar cane), and Oh Natural (dusted with sea salt) ~ my personal favorite. Yum.
Check them out, and let your kids check them out. If your local healthy foods type store doesn't carry them yet, lay on a pouty lip and ask nicely. In the meantime, you can buy them online.