Serve these with a glass of wine or your favorite craft beer. And however many you think you'll need, make more.
Blue Cheese Cocktail Crackers
The second best thing about these crackers is how quickly they come together. (The first is how they light up all the pleasure sensors in your brain.) The color of the dough will be an odd and somewhat disconcerting shade of cadet blue. Not to worry! They bake up a heavenly golden brown.
Yield: About 5 dozen
- 4.5 ounces blue cheese (use a good-quality cheese, not blue cheese crumbles)
- 3 tablespoons butter, cold
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Additional kosher salt and black pepper for sprinkling
- Combine blue cheese, butter, flour, cornstarch, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic powder in the bowl of a food processor. Process until the dough comes together in a ball.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour (or more).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment.
- Roll chilled dough out to about 1/8" thickness between sheets of parchment or waxed paper. Cut into 1" squares with a pastry wheel or pizza cutter. (You can also use cookie cutters.)
- Transfer crackers to prepared baking sheets and sprinkle with kosher salt and black pepper. Bake at 375 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes, until golden brown and crisp.
- Let crackers cool completely before placing in an air-tight container. Will keep at room temperature for 3 days; freeze for longer storage.