The lemon juice will help preserve the lovely green of the avocados, but I probably wouldn't make this more than a few hours in advance. I find mine stays pretty overnight, but it does eventually darken as the avocado oxidizes. If this happens, no worries...it's still delicious.
Avocado Green Goddess Dressing
Yield: About 1 cup
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and diced
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth. Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper as desired. If desired, thin with a tablespoon of milk or water at a time.
Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. Use within 2 days.